ILM Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring (Level 5)
This professional Coaching Qualification equips you with a solid grounding in coaching and practical coaching skills which give results.
The course leads to the Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring Level 5 from the UK’s much respected Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM). We offer 3 options:
- The 12-Month International Programme
- The Fast Start International Programme
- The Individual Programme.
Read below for details
Our programme follows the ILM’s syllabus for the Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring Level 5 for 4 reasons:
- The ILM qualification is widely recognised and respected
- It is based on good coaching practices
- It uses rigorous assessment procedures
- It is regularly updated to reflect the needs of today’s workplaces.
Led by experienced Executive Coach Alison Haill, delegates gain a range of practical and valuable insights beyond the syllabus itself .
Our Programme is designed to include:
- 2 short modules in Oxford
- Distance learning internet modules
- Support for participants by webinars, Skype or phone tutorials, and online tasks.
This design makes the programme a convenient option for international participants, as well as those in the UK who live outside Oxford.
- To develop the advanced Coaching competence to develop performance and thinking skills in others
- To understand why and how these skills are powerful in motivating and developing others
- To understand the Business Case for Coaching in organisations
- Values and standards in coaching
- Building relationships and commitment
- Develop advanced questioning and listening skills
- Organisational implications of coaching
- Management Coaching: good practice
- Agreeing development goals
- Planning a coaching programme
- The business case for coaching
- Supervised coaching practice
- Coaching ethics
- The course involves a variety of delivery methods and is participative and interactive to enhance development of skills
- Comments and questions on the various skills, tools and methods are encouraged
- Tutor input, pair work, group work and 1:1 coaching, plus various short tasks and practical assessments to complete outside the training days
- Peer coaching, observed by your tutor on the course
- Buddy coaching
- Coaching/Mentoring and Feedback by an experienced coach, during the observed sessions and by individual telephone tutorials during the course
- Reading the selected course book/s and handouts that accompany the course.
How is the ILM Certificate is assessed?
The ILM Certificate is assessed on two assignments, as follows:
- A written assignment of around 3500 words
- 1:1 coaching of managers (one or more people and for a minimum of 12 hours coaching) plus an ongoing coaching log and reflective coaching diary.
You are supported in the assessment phase by an experienced ILM coach. The final assessments are marked and checked by an external verifier from ILM.
Option 1: The 12-month programme
Our 12-month International Programme in Coaching Skills is designed in 5 clear Phases. We have specially created it to enable participants living outside the UK to attend. Instead of 1-day workshops throughout the year, we have minimised your travel by including distance learning and 2 short residential courses.
PHASE 1: Attend either “Introduction to Coaching Skills” OR “Coaching Skills for Managers“: our 2-day foundation trainings in Oxford
PHASE 2: Complete the Launch Tasks, distance learning tasks including buddy coaching
PHASE 3: Participate in The Oxford Residential 1-week Intensive Training Module in Oxford
PHASE 4: Complete your Coaching Practicals (practical coaching practice with clients)
PHASE 5: Submit the Written Assignments (date to be agreed, normally around 9-12 months after the start date)
- Phase 1 (2 days) attend the basic Coaching Skills course (or equivalent).
- Phases 2-5 above including the 1-week Oxford Residential which includes hotel and full board
Note. Where Phase 1 is intended as part of the ILM Certificate, please begin Phase 2 within 12 months of completing Phase 1. This ensures that the foundation skills are still in place.
Our fee includes:
- All course materials,
- All ILM registration fees,
- 5 intensive workshop days in the summer residential,
- 1;1 tutorials and
- Support during the year.
- Group size is limited to just 6-12 delegates, to ensure plentiful feedback and personalised tutor time.
- Hotel accommodation in a 4-star hotel with swimming pool and gym for the Phase 3 summer residential, in Oxford or in another carefully selected location.
- Phase 1: £697 + VAT
- Phase 2-5: £3950 + VAT
- Phases 1 and Phases 2-5, paid together: £4257 per person + VAT
Start with Phase 1, the 2-day “Introduction to Coaching Skills“. You are then eligible to attend our full programme to gain the ILM professional qualification “Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring (Level 5)”. You can make a break of several months (max 12 months) before starting Phase 2.
Dates 2018 to be announced
Your first step
Option 2: The FAST-TRACK 6-month Programme
Option 3: The INDIVIDUAL Programme